Menlo Park, California
User Interface designer creating visually compelling customer experiences on the web. Collaborating in teams to develop products that are easy to use and form a positive emotional connection to the user.
- Over five years of experience in user interface design, visual design and industrial design.
- Experienced in site flow and organization, navigation, concept mockups, visual design, page layouts, prototyping and user interface specifications.
- Customer oriented design approach based on careful observation and evaluation.
- Experienced in market research and definition of user requirements.
- B.S. Product Design, Art Center College of Design.
UI/Visual Design Consultant 1999 – 2004
- eBay (2004): Worked in interdisciplinary teams to create the user interface for seller tool applications.
- Spoke Software (2003-2004): Designed a visually engaging look and feel for the company’s web-based sales application and product demos.
- Optinel Systems: Redesigned original corporate site described by their investors as "amateurish". The site’s new design successfully supported their branding, products and marketing.
- Jaypar: Redesigned corporate web site to enhance their presence as a services company.
- Nonprofit: Silicon Valley Score, GeoHazards International and Stanford University Library Africa
First Franklin Financial, San Jose, CA 2003 – 2004
- Responsible for the design of the user interface of the company’s web-based financial applications.
- From product requirements developed wireframes, Photoshop mockups, HTML templates, CSS and styleguide.
- Maintained the company’s intranet including updating graphics and content.
Cadence, Inc., San Jose, CA 2002
- Worked in a design team to create the user interface and visual design of the company’s web-based order management application. Resulted in a consistent, organized interface to a complex product, which dramatically improved product usability and user satisfaction.
- Design process included creating Visio wireframes, Photoshop mockups, styleguide and HTML prototypes for development implementation.
Corrigo, Inc., Redwood City, CA 2000 – 2001
- Collaborated in a team of product managers, usability specialist and engineering to develop an easy to use web-based mobile service management application.
- Designed and implemented an online product training site, which improved training and reduced costs. The site integrated visuals, step-by-step instructions and interactions to enable customers to quickly learn how to use the product. Customers were delighted with the new form of training.
McDonald’s Corporation, Charlotte, NC, and Atlanta, GA 1990 – 1999
- Responsible for regional in-store training and development of management; managed training schedules, conducted training classes and provided individual coaching, which resulted in an increased number of qualified store management in a shorter period of time.
- Developed curriculum and training materials for regional training classes, which led to an outstanding number of high scoring graduates.
IBM Corporation, Mt. Pleasant, NY, and Charlotte, NC 1983 – 1989
- Conducted market research, identified market opportunities and defined user requirements for new banking products.
- Identified new markets for existing products by researching customer and end user requirements, and managing prototype development.
- Worked with banking customers in the Far East and US manufacturing to manage product production and delivery.
IBM Corporation, Kingston, NY, and Charlotte, NC 1978 – 1983
- Worked as a team with engineering, product planning, manufacturing and sales to expand and develop consumer oriented products for the banking industry.
- Designed product appearance and user interfaces for CRT displays, flat panel displays, banking printers and ATM's. Included managing the complexity of the entire design process of concept sketches, renderings, mockups, prototypes, CAD drawings and customer presentations.
Skills and Tools:
- Proficient in various software tools including Photoshop CS, ImageReady, Illustrator, Acrobat, Dreamweaver MX 2004, Flash MX, Fireworks, Director, HomeSite, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Visual SourceSafe.
B.S. Product Design, Art Center College of Design, Pasadena, CA Program included graphic design, typography, packaging and human factors.
Additional Course Work:
- Interface Design, UC Santa Cruz, CA
- Multimedia, Art Institute of Atlanta, GA
- Resume - PDF
- Note: This page has a print CSS so it can be printed from the browser.